Cosmetic Dentist Albuquerque
Modern dentistry or any cosmetic dentist Albuquerque puts special emphasis upon the provision of stress free and painless dental treatment procedures. This is especially in case of adults, elders as well as child patients. This is much needed by those seeking dental health care help from qualified dentists in the dental offices.
Techniques Applied By Leading Cosmetic Dentist Albuquerque
Various methodologies and techniques have been employed over the years for achieving pain free conditions. Thus, performing different dental treatments is now an easy task and smooth experience.
However, these traditional techniques have certain limitations especially when infants and small children are concerned. Dental anxiety is among the major reasons for individuals avoiding dental consultation resulting in rapid progression and deterioration of oral health with the passage of time.
Albuquerque New Mexico 24 hours emergency specialist cosmetic & restorative dentist Dr William C Gardner. He is available, at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC. He uses state of the art and reliable conscious sedation therapy for alleviating pain and discomfort. Thus, this is done in addition to making the environment calm, comfortable and soothing during treatment provision.
Q. WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS TECHNIQUES USED BY COSMETIC DENTIST ALBUQUERQUE FOR PROVIDING PAIN FREE DENTAL TREATMENTS?
A. Traditional methods of eliminating and reducing pain involve,
• Use of painkillers,
• Local anesthesia,
• General anesthesia.
Q. WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS DRAWBACKS/LIMITATIONS OF TRADITIONAL METHODS?
A. Following points will describe various limitations associated with conventional methods,
• Painkillers are effective in reducing minor pain before and after the dental treatments but cannot produce pain free area during surgical procedures,
• Local anesthesia does not produce painless field of operation in case of infection,
• Local anesthesia means pricking of needle and patients with needle phobia avoid it,
• Needle can get injected in blood vessels causing adverse systemic effects,
• Self inflicted injuries, allergy, hematoma or bruise formation, oral ulcers and limited mouth opening can occur after use of local anesthesia,
• General anesthesia is associated with loss of consciousness and majority avoids it for dental treatments.
Q. WHAT IS CONSCIOUS SEDATION? WHICH TYPE IS MOST COMMON IN DENTISTRY?
A. Conscious sedation is basically a type of stress reduction and pain relieving technique. This is used for performing various dental treatment procedures in which the patient remains conscious. This is with the help of intravenous sedative agents or more commonly, with specifically designed equipment. Such an equipment releases minimum amount of nitrous oxide gas. Nitrous oxide conscious sedation is most common in dental offices. This is especially for child patients because they become anxious easily.
Q. WHICH CONDITIONS USUALLY NECESSITATE THE USE OF NITROUS OXIDE SEDATION?
A. Conscious sedation is specifically beneficial in the following conditions,
• Dental anxiety due to pain and discomfort
• Mildly anxious children because of various reasons
• Gag reflex management,
• Management of traumatic procedures because it is common
• Medically compromised patients, so care is important
• Needle phobic patients because of anxiety
• History of an unpleasant dental appointment,
• As an alternative method to general anesthesia.
Q. WHAT THE VARIOUS BENEFITS OF NITROUS OXIDE CONSCIOUS SEDATION?
A. Following are the beneficial aspects of conscious sedation,
• Simple and non-invasive procedure because patients need assurance
• Rapid onset of action and recovery so that suffering is less
• Allows easy regulation of depth of anesthesia,
• Produces moderate degree of anesthesia,
• Minimal or no toxic effects on heart because this is important
• Minimal or no abnormal interactions with other drugs used, so no additional problems
Are you needle phobic? Do you suffer from anxiety episodes or your child is unwilling to undergo extensive dental treatments? You must opt for dental treatment provision under nitrous oxide conscious sedation. You can visit your 24 hours emergency Albuquerque New Mexico dentist Dr William C Gardner at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC who is available throughout day and night. This focuses upon best solution for improving your dental and oral health conditions.