Regular tooth brushing and use of dental floss are among the necessary home based oral hygiene maintenance therapies. Cleaning your teeth with the help of a soft bristled tooth brush and fluoridated tooth paste at least two times in a day function in the removal of dental plaque layer and prevents the accumulation of hard tartar deposits with the passage of time. Negligence attitude towards regular tooth brushing may lead to the development of tooth decay and gum diseases.
Albuquerque New Mexico Electric Tooth Brushes
Bleeding, swollen, reddish puffy gums and visible yellow dental plaque bio-film are among the common presenting features associated with the lack of tooth brushing habits and faulty brushing. Manual brushes are most frequently used by people for cleaning debris from the surfaces of teeth, between adjacent teeth and below the gums. Latest advancements in the science of dental health care sciences have given rise to the invention of powered electric tooth brushes especially for medically compromised and handicapped individuals of the society.
Your own 24 hours emergency cosmetic & restorative dentist Dr William C Gardner at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC guides his patients about the benefits and drawbacks of manual and powered electric tooth brushes for helping them in deciding the best cleaning modality for their daily use.Keep reading to know more about Albuquerque New Mexico Electric Tooth Brushes.
Manual and powered electric tooth brushes both have certain distinct advantages and drawbacks for achieving the required degree of oral hygiene maintenance and tooth cleaning. Manual tooth brushes have a long history of use with the following merits:
Benefits Of Manual Brushes
- Thorough cleanliness with proper brushing technique,
- Takes maximum 3-4 minutes to remove dental plaque layer and food debris after meals,
- These tooth brushes are easily available from the market. Most departmental stores keep manual tooth brushes on display owing to their greater demand by the people,
- Conventional manual tooth brushes are designed and manufactured in a variety of shapes, handle sizes, head sizes, bristle hardness, bristle numbers and bristle shapes. You can purchase soft bristled tooth brush if you have tender and sensitive gums, you can opt for small sized tooth brush head due to small mouth opening especially for your child. Long handles can be used for cleaning back areas of your mouth. Tooth brushes are especially designed with shapes of cartoon characters as well for seeking attraction of your child towards regular tooth brushing,
- Manual tooth brushes are quite easy to carry during travelling simply in a tooth brush case,
- No need to carry batteries or charge your tooth brush at home or during travelling,
- Manual tooth brushes are relatively cheaper and can be free on dental consultation visits to your dentist.
Benefits of Manual Tooth Brushes
- More time consuming,
- No set time duration like powered settings,
- Greater force application manually.
Powered electric tooth brushes are especially designed with set force and time duration incorporated within the system with following added advantages. Keep reading to know more about Albuquerque New Mexico Electric Tooth Brushes.
Powered Electric Tooth Brushes
- More efficient and complete removal of dental plaque, soft textured tartar deposits at initial stages and better outcomes for gingivitis treatment,
- Easy technique of use. It only requires placement of tooth brush bristles at an angle of 45 degrees and powered high speed bristle motion does the rest themselves,
- Ideal for children, elderly, handicapped, special and medically compromised individuals,
- An in-built timer helps in tooth brushing for the specified and required time intervals.
Certain Disadvantages and Difficulties,
- Require continuous charging or replacement of batteries. Faulty batteries can do no good during cleaning teeth,
- These are expensive as compared to manual tooth brushes,
- These are bulkier in weight and size. It is difficult to carry these during travelling.You need to keep the charger or separate set of batteries in your bag,
- An accidental fall can result in breakage of powered tooth brushes. A simple fall can damage the in-built system. You may need to purchase a new tooth brush.
Both powered electric as well as manual tooth brushes are good for cleaning your teeth and gums. You need to consider the pros and cons of both devices because it is as per your demand and usage. Manual tooth brushes are as good as powered tooth brushes. If you are using proper technique and spending specified time and force required for removal of debris, but latter can be easier. It needs less force and work on your part.
Do you have cosmetic defects in your teeth? Is it making your smile less pleasant? Is this owing to decayed, missing, crowded, crooked, mal-aligned or mal-posed teeth? You can visit your 24 hours emergency Albuquerque New Mexico dentist Dr William C Gardner. Book an appointment at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC. He is available throughout day and night. He focuses upon best solution for improving your dental and oral health conditions. So, keep reading to know more about Albuquerque New Mexico Electric Tooth Brushes.