Having a confidant smile profile makes it quite easier and comfortable to cope with daily challenges and competition during work at your office as well as dealing with people in social meetings and wedding anniversaries.
Importance Of Tooth Surface Health
Decayed, damaged, cracked, chipped off, broken, stained and discolored teeth compromise and ruin esthetic profiles and impart an unsightly appearance to your smiles. External tooth surface discolorations and minimal decay of tooth surface enamel layer can be easily corrected and masked with the help of teeth whitening and simple filling procedures respectively. Coffee and tea stains can be removed with simple scaling and polishing procedures.
Tooth Staining Problems
However, deep internal stains, discolorations and extensive tooth decay specifically involving the front teeth often need more invasive restorations in the form of porcelain dental veneers and crowns for masking the disturbed appearance of teeth. These restorations require removal of healthy natural tooth tissue for achieving stability, retention and strength and are destructive of natural tooth structure.
Albuquerque New Mexico 24 hours emergency specialist cosmetic & restorative dentist Dr William C Gardner at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC provides conservative alternative management option with an excellent overall outcome in the form of direct composite lamination and veneers designed to cover the visible surfaces of your front teeth.
Q. WHAT ARE DIRECT COMPOSITE VENEERS?
A. Direct composite resin veneers, chair side veneers or direct composite bonding are extremely wafer thin, tooth colored, translucent restorations fabricated with composite resins on chair side in the dental office. These veneers do not require second stage dental laboratory step like indirect porcelain or composite veneer prosthesis.
Q. IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DENTAL LAMINATES AND VENEERS?
A. Dental laminates are thin prosthesis usually placed on the surfaces of teeth without any preparation and maintain the underneath tooth color. These can be termed as no prep veneers. Traditional dental veneers, on the other hand, alter and mask underneath tooth discolorations such as tetracycline stains and color changes following root canal treatment. These need minimal removal of natural tooth enamel.
Q. WHICH ABNORMAL CONDITIONS CAN BE TREATED WITH DIRECT COMPOSITE VENEERS?
A. Direct composite veneers can be effectively used for the correction and treatment of various tooth abnormalities and conditions such as,
• Masking discolored and stained teeth so that dental health improves
• Closing abnormal spaces between teeth,
• Correction of minor degree mal-alignment, rotation, position and angulations of teeth,
• Improving shape of teeth because your smile is important
• Broken, damaged and chipped teeth,
• Enhancement of smiles because it increases self confidence
• Elongation of short and worn teeth,
• Keeping teeth in their corrected position after braces treatment,
• Shade change in yellowish and aged teeth
Q. WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DIRECT COMPOSITE VENEERS?
A. Direct composite veneers offer certain benefits when compared with porcelain veneers,
• Chair side fabrication saves time and dental laboratory cost,
• Single visit treatment procedure because no one likes long hours
• Excellent color match and shade selection is seen by the patient on chair side,
• Conservation of natural tooth structure as no or less tooth tissue removal is essential,
• Relatively less expensive costing almost half as compared to conventional porcelain veneers,
• Easy to repair and re-furbish in case of damage or color changes with time,
• Psychological well-being because anixety is common
• Restoration of self-esteem, confidence and appeal because patients feel nervous
Q. HOW LONG WILL DIRECT COMPOSITE VENEERS LAST?
A. Direct composite veneers do have the propensity to get darken or damaged with the passage of time but these offer durability up to the range of 7-10 years. These restorations can undergo repairs and achieve the original shine and shade with simple addition of composite resin material.
Do you have cosmetic defects in your teeth? Is it making your smile less pleasant? Is this owing to decayed, missing, crowded, crooked, mal-aligned or mal-posed teeth? You can visit your 24 hours emergency Albuquerque New Mexico dentist Dr William C Gardner. Book an appointment at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC. He is available throughout day and night. He focuses upon best solution for improving your dental and oral health conditions. Thus, call right away for an appointment!