Decayed, damaged and compromised natural teeth due to dental decay, accidents, trauma and injuries often necessitate the provision of full artificial covering dental restorations. Simple fillings are not sufficient for the restoration of lost structure and function of lost natural tooth structure.
Replacing Missing Natural Teeth
Replacement of missing natural teeth with fixed prosthesis has been popular these days. Conventional dental bridges are cost-effective in filling empty spaces in your mouth left by lost teeth but these require extensive removal of healthy natural tooth structure from adjacent abutment teeth for achieving stability and support. This problem becomes severe in front teeth which are already relatively smaller in size and dimensions.
Albuquerque New Mexico 24 hours emergency specialist cosmetic & restorative dentist Dr William C Gardner at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC has recently found the best possible solution in the form of resin bonded bridges for saving natural tooth structure during provision of state of the art fixed dental bridges in place of empty tooth sockets in your mouth. Call your Albuquerque New Mexico dentist for more details.
Q. WHAT ARE RESIN BONDED BRIDGES?
A. Resin bonded bridges are conservative fixed teeth replacement prosthesis luted and glued to the enamel of teeth with the help of composite resin cements following roughening and etching the surfaces with special acidic liquids. It necessitates minimal removal of natural tooth tissues and especially advantageous in intact and caries free abutment teeth.
Q. IN WHICH SITUATIONS CAN I OPT FOR RESIN BONDED BRIDGES?
A. These conservative fixed bridges are especially fabricated for replacing front teeth. Various indications can be summarized as,
• Single missing teeth due to trauma, dental decay, accidents, injuries or periodontal problems,
• Single missing teeth by birth,
• Patients with good oral hygiene conditions and healthy adjacent teeth for providing good support and retention,
• Splinting of mobile teeth due to periodontal problems,
• Single replacement of back teeth,
• Fixed retainer purpose after completion of braces treatment,
• Patients unwilling to undergo surgical procedures such as dental implants.
Q. WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO GET RESIN BONDED BRIDGES?
A. Dr. William C Gardener will completely evaluate the condition of empty tooth socket as well as adjacent teeth because they need to be healthy and strong. Thus, it is essential for providing the required support for the dental bridge. Following factors are important,
• Large enamel surface area for good bonding,
• Whether the adjacent teeth are having big fillings or not,
• Position and angulations of adjacent and opposing teeth,
• Condition of alveolar bone tissues,
• Whether adjacent teeth need root canal treatment or not.
After complete assessment, it is time for formulation of the treatment plan. Signature is vital for selecting the appropriate shade and minimal or no tooth preparation. An impression of the area and opposing teeth is important. The model is crucial for the art dental laboratory with necessary instructions. The prosthesis gets cementation in the mouth. Thus, this is done with the help of highly adhesive resin composite cement on the next treatment visit.
Q. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RESIN BONDED BRIDGES?
A. Advantages Worth Considering,
• Enhancement of smile and facial profile because smiles are important
• Most conservative way of replacing missing natural teeth because it is without side effects
• No need of administration of local anesthesia for pain control,
• Comfortable treatment option for patients who fear of dental drills and needles,
• Successful results in patients with compromised alveolar socket bone,
• Relatively cheaper because people look for budget-friendly options
• Easier cleaning and maintenance due to margins above the gums level in these bridges.
Q. WHAT IS THE LIFE SPAN OF MY RESIN BOND BRIDGE?
A. Resin bonded bridges are durable restoration because of excellent success rates. This is depending upon the degree of maintenance, care and follow up visits to your dental health care professional. You need to brush, floss and rinse around your artificial teeth regularly. Repairs are possible if there is a need. Get in touch with Albuquerque New Mexico dentist now.
Q. IF THERE IS DE-BONDING OF THE RESIN BONDED BRIDGE? WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS?
A. You should not panic if there is dislodging of the replacement bridge gets. This can be because of intake of sticky foods during meal times. Fixing is possible of the bridges by your dentist in the dental office with the help of resin composite luting cements.
Do you have cosmetic defects in your teeth? Is it making your smile less pleasant? Is this owing to decayed, missing, crowded, crooked, mal-aligned or mal-posed teeth? You can visit your 24 hours emergency Albuquerque New Mexico dentist Dr William C Gardner. Book an appointment at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC. He is available throughout day and night. He focuses upon best solution for improving your dental and oral health conditions.
Thus, call us now and fix an appointment right away!