Your teeth frequently get affected from dental decay owing to neglected oral hygiene measures, excessive intake of sugary foods and drinks, oral habits, traumatic episodes, abrasion, erosion, attrition and accumulation of tartar deposits on your teeth and gums. Regular tooth brushing, dental flossing and mouth rinsing helps in the prevention of tooth decay. To know more about Albuquerque New Mexico Tooth Coloring fillings and silver fillings call us now.
Dental Decay Advances
However, once dental decay advances to involve the enamel and underneath dentine portion of your teeth, dental restorative filling procedures become necessary to prevent its spread to the innermost nerves of teeth known as dental pulp. Progression of dental decay process and invasion of bacteria within the dental pulp tissues cannot be treated with simple filings but requires complex root canal treatment procedures.
Albuquerque New Mexico Tooth Coloring Fillings
However, once dental decay advances to involve the enamel and underneath dentine portion of your teeth, dental restorative filling procedures become necessary to prevent its spread to the innermost nerves of teeth known as dental pulp. Progression of dental decay process and invasion of bacteria within the dental pulp tissues cannot be treated with simple filings but requires complex root canal treatment procedures. To know more about Albuquerque New Mexico Tooth Coloring fillings and silver fillings, call us now.
Albuquerque New Mexico 24 hours emergency specialist cosmetic & restorative dentist Dr William C Gardner at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC has well-equipped dental office containing innovative and high quality tooth colored filling materials for replacing decayed and fractured portions of your teeth.
Q. WHAT ARE COMPOSITE RESIN RESTORATIONS?
A. Dental composite resins are the most common with tooth color matching materials. This is for the restoring and filling of decay, damage and teeth which uses less invasive teeth whitening methods. It is basically a human tissue friendly mixture of dental acrylics, silica or quartz fillers for providing strength and colorants which impart different shades for achieving an exact match to your teeth. Restoration of the visible surfaces of your front teeth is usually performed with the help of these resins. These restorations are known as plastic restorations or white fillings. To know more about Albuquerque New Mexico Tooth Coloring fillings and silver fillings and more.
Q. ARE THERE ANY OTHER TOOTH FILLING MATERIALS AVAILABLE THESE DAYS?
A. Dental porcelains are common with color restorations which are within the dental laboratory in the form of inlays, onlays and dental crowns following removal and reduction of decayed tooth portions in the dental office. Glass ionomer cements can also match to the color of your teeth to some extent.
Q. WHAT ARE SILVER AMALAGAM FILLINGS?
A. Silver amalgam fillings are old dental restorations with long history of success and durability.
• It takes less time and effort to replace decayed tooth portions with silver amalgam fillings,
• It does not need use of innovative tools reducing overall cost of dental treatments,
• Long term history of usage because it is necessary.
Q. WHY DENTAL COMPOSITE RESINS ARE BETTER THAN SILVER AMALGAM?
A. Majority of dental health care professionals and patients themselves prefer placement of dental composite resins. This is in their mouth due to its following merits and drawbacks of silver fillings,
• Greater margin of safety and no health risk with composite fillings,
• Lesser degree of post-treatment discomfort and sensitivity. This is as compared to the development of electric shock-like sensations. These sensations are with silver fillings if opposing teeth have metallic or gold restorations,
• There is good matching and easy blending with color because it is important. This is of adjacent natural teeth.It is while amalgam is silver in color. This creates an unsightly appearance to your smile,
•Temperature changes due to intake of hot coffee, tea and cold cola beverages can cause expansion and contraction of silver fillings which can produce micro-cracks within these as well as cracks within the surrounding natural teeth. It can also produce small gaps leading to hot and cold sensitivity in your teeth,
• Composite fillings are conservative of natural tooth structure as these have the ability to make strong bond with outermost enamel of teeth and does not need extra removal of enamel like amalgam filling for adequate retention purpose,
• Silver amalgam contains mercury content which poses health hazards and toxicity. Thus, it is quite unsafe.
Do you have cosmetic defects in your teeth? Is it making your smile less pleasant? Is this owing to decayed, missing, crowded, crooked, mal-aligned or mal-posed teeth? You can visit your 24 hours emergency Albuquerque New Mexico dentist Dr William C Gardner. Book an appointment at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC. He is available throughout day and night. He focuses upon best solution for improving your dental and oral health conditions. To know more about Albuquerque New Mexico Tooth Coloring fillings and silver fillings call us now.