Decayed, damaged and compromised natural teeth due to dental decay, accidents, trauma and injuries often necessitate the provision of full artificial covering dental restorations. Simple fillings are not sufficient for the restoration of lost structure and function of lost natural tooth structure. Get in touch for Albuquerque New Mexico Teeth Cleaning.
Albuquerque New Mexico Teeth Cleaning – 24 Hours Emergency
Albuquerque New Mexico 24 hours emergency specialist cosmetic & restorative dentist Dr William C Gardner at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC will guide you thoroughly regarding the various causes of the development of yellow, stained and discolored teeth and how to prevent their occurrence with modifying the causative factors in your daily life. Teeth frequently get discolored and stained through two possible mechanisms. The outermost visible enamel layer of your teeth can harbor colored particles and substances from daily intake of dietary products and drinks and get stained.
Some staining agents can penetrate the enamel layer and incorporate within the underneath dentine portions which is already yellow in color during tooth development as well as after eruption of teeth within the mouth. Tooth discolorations which only stain the outer enamel layer superficially and can be removed with simple tooth cleaning methods are termed as external or extrinsic stains while those stains which incorporate within the enamel or dentine structure and cannot be removed without complex teeth bleaching and restorative procedures are known as internal or intrinsic stains.
- Dental plaque layer which forms on the visible tooth surfaces due to proteins present in your saliva, food debris and microorganisms can be easily removed through brushing your teeth within a day or two of its formation. Once this plaque layer mineralizes due to calcium ion deposition, it becomes hard tartar and requires professional scaling and polishing procedures for removal.
Albuquerque New Mexico Teeth Cleaning – Change Your Lifestyle
- Your lifestyle and dietary habits are the most important cause of yellowness of teeth. Excessive tea and coffee intake can produce external tooth stains due to their tannin pigment. Similarly, smokers have greater chances of discolored teeth due to the production of carbon smoke. Modern world has developed the habit of acidic beverages intake with meals which can cause tooth discolorations. These acidic drinks cause de-mineralizing effects on the enamel layer making it easy for the colored pigment producing chromo-gens to make their way into the porous enamel of your teeth. Dark colored foods, fruits and drinks include red wine, colas, dark sauces, grapes, pomegranates, blueberries and ketchup,
- Us of certain drugs and medications for treating infection in your children or in expectant mothers during the period of child growth can cause discolored teeth. Tetracycline antibiotics, antihypertensive drugs, antihistamines and antipsychotics can stain teeth. You need to avoid this during pregnancy and in children below 8 years of age.
Albuquerque New Mexico Teeth Cleaning – Use of Mouth Washes
- Mouth washes are popular for their antibacterial and anti-plaque properties. No doubt, these mouth washes can kill or arrest growth of microorganisms known for causing gum and teeth diseases. These include problems such as gingivitis, periodontitis and tooth decay, certain formulations especially chlorhexidine, alexidine. Essential oils such as Listerine can cause tooth stains after regular using. Use of excessive fluoride tooth pastes and varnishes in areas where fluoride water content is already high can cause enamel mottling. It also means production yellowish white to brownish white flecks on the visible tooth surfaces,
- Tooth and gum discolorations often present following dental restorative procedures. Dental amalgam fillings can cause silvery tattooing of your gums. Heavy restorations can produce an underneath hue which can ruin your smile. Graying or blackening of front teeth may be the consequence of root canal treatment. Dr William will guide and perform necessary measures for the prevention of these problems in your teeth.
Albuquerque New Mexico Teeth Cleaning – Old Age Problems
- Old age is the most common and overlooked reason for yellowing of teeth due to wearing of outermost enamel layer over the years. Yellow dentine becomes visible due to this reason and can ruin your smiles,
- Developmental abnormalities and genetics play an important part in tooth discolorations. Developmental anomalies such as Amelogenesis Imperfecta and Dentinogenesis Imperfecta cause weakening, wear and chipping away of tooth layers causing cosmetic abnormalities.
Discoloring Of Teeth
Your teeth will discolor owing to majority of these factors and the condition worsens when certain factors combine together. Extrinsic stains are easy to treat through simple professional cleanings and polishing procedures. Internal stains, on the other hand, need advanced treatment modalities such as bleaching, micro-abrasions, macro-abrasions. It is also about dental laminations, dental crowns and fillings to mask the unsightly appearance of your teeth during smiles.
Do you have cosmetic defects in your teeth? Is it making your smile less pleasant? Is this owing to decayed, missing, crowded, crooked, mal-aligned or mal-posed teeth? You can visit your 24 hours emergency Albuquerque New Mexico dentist Dr William C Gardner. Book an appointment at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC. He is available throughout day and night. He focuses upon best solution for improving your dental and oral health conditions.